This guide is your fast track to leveraging Userback's full potential. Discover how to seamlessly gather invaluable insights, align your team, and effortlessly integrate with your existing tech stack.
- 🖥️ Developers: For technical guidance, check our Developer Quickstart.
- 🗨️ Guidance: For customized support, feel free to Contact Us.
Before you begin, creating a Userback Workspace is essential. Sign Up For Free.
1. Project Setup
Projects in Userback are like specialized folders for organizing your feedback. Whether you're developing different components of a web application or managing a user-facing website, projects keep everything in its place.
For example, you could have a 'Website' project for customer feedback and an 'App Project' project for your SaaS app issues. The beauty of distinct settings and widget styles for each project is that they make your feedback both relevant and actionable.
- Navigate to the Project page within your Userback Workspace.
- Click on 'New' to create a new project.
- You'll have the chance to start with a widget template tailored to your objectives.
Keep in mind, that it's simple to move feedback between projects, giving you the flexibility to adapt as your needs evolve.
2. Feedback Collection
The Userback Feedback Widget is your custom-tailored solution for capturing insights right when and where they matter most. Keep it basic or seamlessly integrate it into your website or app, it meets your users in their moment of feedback.
- Install the Widget: Copy and paste a simple code snippet into your website or web app. And just like that, you're ready to start collecting. Install the Userback Widget.
- Customize the Widget: Use our Widget Editor to change its appearance, set the behavior, and target specific users.
- Enable High-context Features: To get the full picture, turn on Session Replay and Console Logs. These tools capture the user's interactions, so you can literally see what they see. It's context-rich feedback, without asking the user to lift a finger.
Other Ways to Gather Feedback:
But what if a widget isn't right for you? We've got you covered:
- Use our browser extension: An installable no-code alternative for collecting feedback. Effortlessly capture full-page or annotated screenshots, record videos, and review past feedback—all directly from the extension.
- Manually upload feedback: You can manually input and upload feedback directly in Userback. This is handy for those times when you collect feedback through other means like over a call or by CSV import.
- Use our REST API: For developers comfortable with code, the REST API allows you to create feedback programmatically and integrate it into your existing workflows.
3. Integration with Tools
Just as projects in Userback help you organize your feedback, integrations ensure that this invaluable input directly impacts your existing workflows.
Choose from platforms like Jira, Asana, and Slack to direct feedback right where your team is already active. Real-time alerts and customizable webhooks further align your team and expedite decision-making.
- Navigate to the Integrations page within your Userback Project.
- Select your preferred tool and click 'Connect' to initiate the integration. Follow the authorization steps; guidance is provided for each unique integration.
- The final step is to customize the integration settings based on your workflows and feedback objectives. If you'd like additional customization options with connected tools, feel free to contact us.
Connecting tools to Userback centralizes feedback in your existing platforms, enabling faster, more confident action while keeping your team aligned.
4. Team Collaboration
The power of Userback is amplified when you collaborate. Invite team members, clients, or stakeholders to join your workspace, where they can contribute to the feedback loop.
- Navigate to the Members page by accessing 'Workspace Settings,' which you can find by clicking your profile picture on the projects page.
- Click on 'Invite Members' to send email invitations, or use the invite URL for custom sharing.
- Set roles to specify access levels for each invited member.
This ensures everyone can actively participate in capturing, reviewing, and acting on feedback.
5. Workflow Customization
Make Userback an extension of your existing process. Adapt categories, statuses, and automation to mesh seamlessly with how your team operates.
- Navigate to Project Settings within your Userback Workspace.
- Explore options under Workflow to customize categories and statuses.
- Choose or create Automation rules to sort and assign feedback automatically.
Enabling Userback Automation not only simplifies your feedback process but also empowers you to manage feedback more efficiently and seamlessly.
What's Next? 🎉
Congratulations, you're all set to make the most out of Userback
- Test the Waters: Experiment by posting sample feedback. Try out different views like list, inbox, grid, or board to see what works best for you.
- Act on Feedback: You have a powerful toolkit at your disposal. Use it to implement meaningful changes that resonate with your users.
- Additional Resources: Check out our Help Center for more info and best practices.
Let's Optimize Your Feedback Journey 🌟
Interested in maximizing the impact of Userback for your team? Schedule a call with us.
We'll dive into your specific feedback objectives, help tailor your settings, and offer guidance on advanced workflows to ensure you're getting the most out of the platform.
Click here to schedule a call. Let's set you up for success